Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: chiropractics anyone!!??!!  (Read 2523 times)
stuckinjersey
Backcountry Guide

View Profile Email
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »

So as many of you on the board except david cause your too young to hurt yet!!!!!!, have lower pack or disc issues. I have been working hard on my own back / nerve issues now for over a year but even though I had no visible signs of a bulged disc anymore I still had pain in my legs and siaattic (yeah however you spell that word) knot area. Well that was until doctor chiro brother. I was bout 5 to 6 degrees out and that was causing discomfort daily. After an adjustment I had zero pain and huge increase in flexibility. Outstanding and to boot im noticing more strength in that leg as well. Highly recommended at this point.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:56:01 PM by stuckinjersey » Logged

Well if you snooze, you loze? Then I guess I snoost and lost!!!!
surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »

I like my DO  better than my chiropractor, because he can adjust me and give me drugs.

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »

Yeah, I've had good luck with the chiropractor , I also found a certain yoga back technique helps too when I have pain.

Scottie had the opposite reaction to a chiropractor ... hit or miss it seems

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narciĀ­ssists an opportunitĀ­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
jjj4762
Backcountry Guide

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 02:40:54 PM »

I'm scared of the chiropractor.  I get shooting backpain once or twice a year it seems.  Frustrating stuff.  Usually just ice , rest and ibuprofin for me.  But my brother is always on my case to go to the chiro.
Tommy T
Backcountry Guide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »

My wife was seeing a chiropracter until about a month ago when he rolled his Ford GT an estimated 4 times while travelling as fast as 180 mph on a two lane Texas road at 1:30 am.

Tommy T.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
                                                                             -- Pablo Picasso
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »

What ? !!!

180mph, really? 

Story?

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narciĀ­ssists an opportunitĀ­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
stuckinjersey
Backcountry Guide

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »

I must say, I feel great!!!!! doing 2 sessions a week to keep myself in alignment and it's working. I will be stopping in a couple more sessions but damn man, I love it. A go chiro is great but obviously there are hacks in every field so the bad ones are out there. Some think they can fix everything so those ones I would stay away from, a good chiro should understand the limitations on such treatment.

Well if you snooze, you loze? Then I guess I snoost and lost!!!!
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »

good to hear Josh, I've had the exact same experience, and like you said hit or miss; there's always those doctors who are at the bottom of their class; its a statistical fact

Tommy T
Backcountry Guide

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »

180mph, really? 

Story?

The guy owned a street legal LeMans replica Ford GT.  He was going home from Livingston to Onalaska, Texas at 1:30am when, according to police, he "missed a curve" and went into the ditch, rolling "three or four times" at a speed that was estimated as "between 160 and 180 mph.  There really aren't any significant curves on that road, so wasn't at all a technical driving challege kind of a thing.  He must have just kept going straight when the road gently turned left.  The report was that neither drugs nor alchohol seemed to be involved.

His brother-in-law took over the practice and told my wife that the guy "had a lot of issues that he was working through."  Linda wasn't sure whether he meant the man was perhaps distracted or that he may have reached a really low point in a depressive cycle and she didn't want to push the issue with a new doctor that she didn't know that well.   (I've ridden my bike at over 160 and it is not a circumstance under which one would be likely to fall asleep at the throttle.)

Tommy T.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
                                                                             -- Pablo Picasso
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: