Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I Found the Deal of the Century  (Read 3061 times)
surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

I stopped at the local ski swap today and couldnt believe my eyes what I found. This must have been some kind of mistake.   I asked the people running the event at the local municipal center to check if the price was right and they said it was.
New  never been skied still with stickers on them 2008 175 BD Havocs  mounted with new BD02 bindings.  for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In additon i found a pair of 2003 Scarpa T3 (my size) for a whopping $4!!!!!!!!!!

Stoked!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:34:33 PM by surf88 » Logged

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/
Tommy T
Backcountry Guide

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »

My telemark skis are older than your telemark ski, so you should send those to me.  I'll send you mine plus the $20, plus your shipping costs.  We'll both be better off because you'll have still have yours plus mine as a back-up pair PLUS $20 CASH that you can spend on your wife or beer, or just waste, if you want too.

Tommy T.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
                                                                             -- Pablo Picasso
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »

WOW, what a Deal, I should have you look for boots for me.
Dmn T3s for 4 bucks !!!!

Are you interested in selling those BD Havocs, I'm looking for a new pair of boards to put my freerides on.

I just spent 180.00 today, and felt good about my purchase until I read this one.

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narciĀ­ssists an opportunitĀ­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

My telemark skis are older than your telemark ski, so you should send those to me.  I'll send you mine plus the $20, plus your shipping costs.  We'll both be better off because you'll have still have yours plus mine as a back-up pair PLUS $20 CASH that you can spend on your wife or beer, or just waste, if you want too.

Tommy T.
I actually had sold my setup last year to make a mortgage payment when my wife was out of work, so this is my only setup right now.  But this really wasnt what I was looking for.  I was hoping to find something lighter and waxless like karhu XCD 10th mountain.  I would consider offers on these skis

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
danishstock
Day Tripper

Sluice '08

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »

I will make you a pair of skis, to your specs, in trade for that setup.  We can mimic the 10th specs or modify to your liking.  I have worked out a way to cut fish scales into ptex bases, but I would try to talk you into going with wax and/or kickers.  Let me know if you are interested.

$24 bucks for a full tele set up after hocking your old for a house pament... You can't not believe in karma after that. 
David Howland
Backcountry Guide

findingnematoda
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »

I'm also interested in these skis...how do you want to handle this? Janbay? I can trade big sky day passes...and a place to stay in bozeman.

My Blog - Frigid Light

Sometimes you get more with honey than lemons but sometimes you need a chainsaw to cut down the tree where the honey is.
surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »

Anybody got any idea what I could ask for these on craigs list?  I really want to get a good thickateering set up, I really dont plan on doing anything big mountain on tele.

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 08:20:31 PM »

I think you can easily get 250 for them, considering I dropped 180 on gear far less superior to what you got there.

If I didn't already buy the setup I have, I'd buy the boards and bindings 250.

I don't want scarpa boots, they hurt my wide feet, rolls them into tacos...

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narciĀ­ssists an opportunitĀ­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
Bob Pratl
Day Tripper

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »

Good find.....the best that I ever heard of.

Bob
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

Jan, did you update your pics.

I want your setup.

surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »

Jan, did you update your pics.

I want your setup.
Yeah, I'm thinking Im probably going to keep them now and just try to use kick wax for thicketeering.  Unless you want to trade them for your Atomics w/freerides.  Grin

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »

LOL, The atomics, now have a cracked (Not yet pulled out) edge, and the freerides are staying with me until they break.  Grin

I don't want to put all my eggs into one Tele Basket considering I don't know what I'm doing on them yet, and don't know how I'll cope with the learning curve.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: