Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Lowas -my favorite light hikers  (Read 1510 times)
surf88
Backcountry Elite**
Backcountry Guide

climb

View Profile Email
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

Ive had these boots for a while and they are my favorite boots I've ever owned.  These boots have a lot of miles and vert on them.  The souls were softer than vibram and had incredible grip, and they were super light.  I actually didnt notice till I got home what had happened, but I did notice they felt a little funny when I was on the trail.  I wish I could find another old pair of these somewhere on the interwebs.

I cant quite part with them yet. I'm gonna try to fill it in with shoe goo and just use them around here for trail work until they are completely dead.

More Snow Please?

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/
Rage
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Beer Thirty

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

Whoa, did a liger attack your feet? 

Its hard to replace old comfy boots.  I have an old pair of timberlins im still hiking in.
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »

I had a pair of ems hikers that fell apart in the daks on a week long trip.
The metal support bar came out of the rotted leather.

Each sunny day at camp I took the boot apart and sun dried various pieces and re assembled my boot.
I was sad to see em go but i found out they were hurting my feet and were the reason for my "Christmas Toe"

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narci­ssists an opportunit­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: