Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Multi-tool  (Read 1417 times)
Tommy T
Backcountry Guide

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »

I don't really give a hoot about your favorite multi-tool.  I'm just sick and tired of seeing my name up above "Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit" for months and months.

By the way I'm using a Gerber with tapered nose pliers which my daughter-in-law gave me for my 59th birthday.

Tommy T.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:41:07 PM by Tommy T » Logged

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
                                                                             -- Pablo Picasso
atruss
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Ntrenttt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »

I have a Gerber that I love, it's my first and I've had it for about 5 years now; its even better now than when it was new.

The pliers slide out and it can open up to expose other tools that flip out and you can lock it by sliding back the pliers.
I love it.

With a flick of the wrist you can eject the pliers with a cool click similar to a switch blade sound.

When it was new it was a little tight and didn't come out as easy and when playing with it one night it flew out of my hand and dented our new fridge in the bottom right corner; the wife didn't notice.
I told her about 3 years later.

I think I've figured out Facebook's major appeal. It offers uber-narci­ssists an opportunit­y to have their proverbial 15 minutes every five f------g minutes
Tommy T
Backcountry Guide

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »

That's mine, exactly.  I call it my West Side Story switch-pliers.  I showed its switch-blade technique to a dance choreographer who was rehearsing The Nutcracker and he spent the rest of evening whipping it out of his hip pocket and chasing dancers around the stage while singing the score from the rumble under the highway.

Tommy T.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
                                                                             -- Pablo Picasso
Rage
Backcountry Elite*
Backcountry Guide

Beer Thirty

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »

Aaaaaay!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:11:08 PM by Rage » Logged
mtngoat

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »

Exactamundo!!!

too funny, all your missing is the sh!t eating grin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: